Characters-match the character to their description
- Sarene fallen Prince of Arelon
- Jaddeth Raoden's guide in Elantris
- Raoden widowed bride of Raoden
- Wyrn not very likeable, King of Arelon
- Hrathen called to convert Arelon in 3 months
- Galladon Lord of all creation
- King Iaden servant of the Lord
- Dilaf kind Uncle of Sarene
- Kiin agreed to be assistant Hrathen
Definitions-match to the correct definition
- Sule the magic of Elantris
- Seod slave
- The Aons friend
- Hoed those that change people into Elantrians
- The Shaod Elantrians who had succumbed to the pain
- When Hrathen went to Arelon to convert the city, he found a man there, Fjon, who had led many of the people astray. It is said that he “ran a chapel without order” and that he bowed “before Arelish culture rather than bringing the people strength and discipline.”(p35) How can we make sure that we do not bow down to the culture of the world, but uphold higher standards? Do you think being liked and accepted was important to Fjon?
2. Do you think that the God Hrathen serves is good? Why or why not? What are the similarities and differences between his calling to convert Arelon and that of Christians in the last days to convert the world in preparation for the second coming of Christ?
- How is Galladon helpful to Raodon?
3 Gangs in Elantris-Informative section
“Karata is both the harshest and most lenient of the gang leaders.” (p47)
She takes food PERSONALLY from new comers and rarely harms them. She's been caught 3 times trying to make it to the King's Palace. Karata has control of the palace in Elantris.
Aanden—tried to establish himself as King of Elantris. Claims he was a noble before. Claims to have a plan for freeing Elantris. He's brutal.
Shaor takes pleasure in controlling others—the most wild and morally corrupt find their way to him. They are scared off from harming others or stealing their food if they think they might fight back.