Friday, September 14, 2012

Loving Homeschool

I feel the need to express in words what I hope is being captured through this blog mainly through pictures.  I LOVE homeschooling my children.  I LOVE my children, I LOVE the time I have with them.  I LOVE having the time to get to know them all individually, to learn their learning styles, how their minds work.  I love seeing what things excite them, what things make them feel creative, and what things make them feel accomplished.  I love pretending with them, cuddling with them (at times....I don't love them hanging on me--two TOTALLY different things ;)) reading to them, and finding fun and interesting learning in everyday life.  I love learning about values and how the Lord works with them as part of their curriculum.  I love that I can use curriculum, and that I don't have to use curriculum.  I love the feeling that I'm unschooling while also being structured, that we can take days off when we need to or when someone's mood would make school less than ideal that day.  We will still learn!  My five year old will still tell me how many flies were in the house if I've killed 4 and there are 3 more flying around.  We can still learn about how to control our emotions and be kind on a day when we don't sit down at the desk.  And what is more important in life, learning how to be happy, or learning how to spell?  In this journey of home-learning, family-learning, God-parent-child-learning we call homeschool, we WILL learn spelling and reading and math, AND we will learn that if we push something too hard, it's not worth the sacrifice of happiness.

I am so fulfilled in life right now, just being on earth, and learning how to really be separate from the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment